Fields covered by the Journal
Markov Processes and
is a quarterly journal publishing papers on
and related topics.
- Classical general and
including classification criteria, convergence rates etc.
- Global and local properties of trajectories of random walks
- Diffusion and jump processes
- Random media
- General theory of Markov and Gibbs random fields
- General theory of processes with local interactions
and infinite particle systems
- Equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical physics,
quantum field theory
- Scaling for large Markov processes, such as
fluid models for finite-dimensional queueing systems, hydrodynamics for
particle systems, diffusion approximations for queueing networks, etc.
- Simulated annealing, genetic algorithms
- Markovian aspects of neural nets
- Analytic and algebraic geometry methods related to Markov
- Telecommunications and computer networks
- Controlled Markov processes and decision processes
- Simulation of large Markov chains
and Monte Carlo methods
Additionally, the Journal focuses on mathematical modelling
of today's enormous wealth of problems from modern technology,
like artificial intelligence, large scale networks, data bases, parallel
simulation, computer architectures, etc.
Research papers, reviews, tutorial papers and additionally short explanations
of new applied fields and new mathematical problems in the above fields
The journal is abstracted/indexed in: Mathematical Reviews, Science Citation Index-Expanded (SCIE) including the Web of Science, ISI Alerting Service, Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Scienses (CC/PC&ES), Zentralblatt Math.